Tales From The Creative Casa by Anita Belli
A Collection of Short Stories
The Creative Casa is a farmhouse in Andalucia where, for a while, we ran workshops and explored how to find the creative spark in ourselves; to discover where it sits, nudging us all the time, wanting to be let out to add fulfilment to our lives.
This collection of short stories was edited at The Creative Casa and the stories have been selected from a large number written over a period of years. The themes I have chosen here are universal themes of love and loss, secrets and lies; the unintended consequences of past actions on the present; and young women at that threshold in their lives where they discover that they are carrying new life.
The themes of this collection are the universal themes of love and loss, secrets and lies and the unintended consequences of past actions on the present. They are sometimes written with a light heart, with a little magic, and occasionally, with sadness when real life doesn’t end so well. Some are jumping off points for longer works of fiction and they vary in length, motivation and inspiration. In the end, all fiction draws from the well of creativity which springs from our experiences, observations, snippets overheard.....and we can all draw from that spring if we are nudged towards it.
Cover design by Charlie Peacock
from an original drawing of
The Creative Casa by Catherine Orbach
1. Introduction to this collection
2. Snow Globe because sometimes, real life needs a little magic....
3. The Apprentice a short-short based on a true event
4. The Summer of Tarron a love story from ‘The Art Forger’s Daughter’
5. The Other Side a light hearted tale with a twist
6. Coming Home a love story for Christmas
7. The List because real life is in the details
8. Shame a short-short with a twist
9. the day the dancer died a tale of love and loss in Andalucía
10. Friday the Thirteenth a letter home from France
11. St. Valentine’s Eve a love story forever
12. Endnotes some final thoughts about writing and creativity